Singer CeeLo Green took to Twitter today to make an attempt to define what rape is, shortly after pleading no contest for charges that he slipped a woman ecstasy without her consent in 2012
So date rape isn’t a thing? Roofies aren’t a thing? Oh okay.
i never even realized that he was literal trash wow
You should look up the statistics for kids that are put up for adoption. They aren't anywhere near what people think, and it is a good point against "you can always put the baby up for adoption"
- In the U.S. 397,122 children are living without permanent families in the foster care system. 101,666 of these children are eligible for adoption, but nearly 32% of these children will wait over three years in foster care before being adopted.
- Around the world, there are an estimated 153 million orphans who have lost one parent. There are 17,900,000 orphans who have lost both parents and are living in orphanages or on the streets and lack the care and attention required for healthy development. These children are at risk for disease, malnutrition, and death.
- In 2012, 23,396 youth aged out of the U.S. foster care system without the emotional and financial support necessary to succeed. Nearly 40% had been homeless or couch surfed, nearly 60% of young men had been convicted of a crime, and only 48% were employed. 75% of women and 33% of men receive government benefits to meet basic needs. 50% of all youth who aged out were involved in substance use and 17% of the females were pregnant.
- As of 2012, more than 58,000 children in the U.S. foster care system were placed in institutions or group homes, not in traditional foster homes.
- States spent a mere 1.2-1.3% of available federal funds on parent recruitment and training services even though 22% of children in foster care had adoption as their goal.
- Three years is the average length of time a child in foster care waits to be adopted. Roughly 55% of these children have had three or more placements. An earlier study found that 33% of children had changed elementary schools five or more times, losing relationships and falling behind educationally.
This is why I always get so annoyed when pro-lifers utter the phrase “just put it up for adoption!” as if it’s the easiest thing in the world for both themselves and the child.
All statistics are from this website.
So we have an Italian exchange student at our school. And he and I were hanging out and he saw a pony, and he tried to show me but he didn’t know what it was called so he just pointed at it and said “Look, the compressed horse.”
And then he just grinned at his complete understanding of the English language.
Ladies, never ever fight over a man. Fight over a job, parking space, your spot in a long line….the last chicken wing. But never over a man. Never.
But women can never be careful enough, can we? If we take naked pictures of ourselves, we’re asking for it. If someone can manage to hack into our accounts, we’re asking for it. If we’re not wearing anti-rape nail polish, we’re asking for it. If we don’t take self-defence classes, we’re asking for it. If we get drunk, we’re asking for it. If our skirts are too short, we’re asking for it. If we pass out at a party, we’re asking for it. If we are not hyper-vigilant every single fucking second of every single fucking day, we are asking for it. Even when we are hyper-vigilant, we’re still asking for it. The fact that we exist is asking for it.
This is what rape culture looks like.
This is what misogyny looks like." from What Happened to Jennifer Lawrence Was Sexual Assault (via de-poitiers)
under socialism everyone has to wear black skinny jeans. thats what socialism is. that is all marx was ever trying to say
romantic love will never heal mental illness stop thinking you waking up next to someone you’ve been in love with will solve everything including your crippling sadness because it won’t and it doesn’t this is a harsh reality some of you need to really take in and learn
"If you gotta force it, just leave it alone. Relationships, friendships, ponytails.. Just leave it." Reyna Biddy (via kushandwizdom)
This is the greatest tweet in the history of tweets
I need to have as much wild sex as possible so one day I can become an inappropriate old lady that blurts out things like “when I was your age I got a concussion after being bent over a desk” and then my family can be like “grandma please, you’re making easter dinner really uncomfortable” and it’ll be great
- Men's Rights Activists: THIS IS NOT FAIR. MEN HAVE PROBLEMS TOO.
- Black Men: We're constantly demonized by mainstream media and are targets of police brutality.
- Gay Men: We face discrimination and hatred and are denied marriage and job security.
- Trans Men: We are outcasts and are denied medical care, our lives are constantly under threat and our gender is always under scrutiny and policed by others.
- Men's Rights Activist: ....
- Men's Right Activist: Y-Yeah, but... a Feminist was mean to me...
U.S. Mother Gives Away 5-Year-Old Adopted Child From Haiti For Throwing Temper Tantrum
"Having an instant multicultural family was magical for about two weeks,” says Stacey Conner, a 41-year-old American mom from Spokane, Washington.
After she volunteered in an orphanage in Haiti in 2005, Conner and her husband adopted a 5-year-old Haitian boy named “J.”
Conner claims the boy had attachment disorder and began a strict regimen of attachment parenting of constant surveillance in which a child must often ask for food and water. After two months, J threw a tantrum where he unintentionally hit Conner’s nose with the back of his head.
Conner says the 5-year-old’s strike was accidental, but describes it as “a domestic violence situation. Forget love. Right then, I didn’t even like J.”J was sent to live with another family in the Midwest. Conner’s biological children adjusted seamlessly to life without their adoptive brother. But other people were puzzled. Neighbors who had seen J riding his bike asked, “Where’s your son?” When Conner answered truthfully, “I’d get the most horrified stares, so I’d keep walking. And I didn’t tell many out-of-town friends or extended family for months.”Despite such events, the Conners were approved by local social workers to become a foster family, and in October 2013 received a 3-month-old boy as their first placement.
white people will let their white kids karate chop them in the throat and call them names in public, but a black child becomes naturally upset after you treat the kid like a grown criminal/animal and you just give them away. go it. sounds reasonable.
"i’d get the most horrified stares"
This is why we don’t trust y’all white savior “oh check out this profile pic of me and these smiling poor brown children. You can tell I really made a difference” asses
The fact that for the most part these people are allowed to do shit like this with no legal punishment or recourse on behalf of the children being abused is mind boggling.
She literally treated that child like a dog.
Actually no, she’d probably treat a dog better.
Accidents like that happen all the time with children, and her first instinct is to stop loving the child and give it away?
I hope that beautiful boy is okay, and with a family that treats him like gold.
Welcome to the adoption industry where they give zero fucks about the well being of the child.